Classes at Borough Kitchen: Introduction to the classic art of Sushi Making
Since 2018 I have been teaching a monthly sushi class, and bespoke sushi classes on request, at the fabulous Borough Kitchen.
The classes are taught on weeknights in both Chiswick and Hampstead location and takes a group of up to 8 students.
Bringing 25+ years of sushi experience to Borough Kitchen. Over the course of this 3-hour lesson, I will teach a small group in the art and practice of making sushi from scratch. Key skills taught will include:
- Hoso maki: cucumber and avocado thin rolls
- Ura maki: salmon with yuzu miso maki, spicy tuna inside out rolls
- Nigiri: salmon and tuna over hand-pressed seasoned rice
- Sashimi: how to prepare and properly cut raw salmon and tuna
- How to prepare sushi rice and how to select the best fish for making sushi
Students will also hear information on the history and traditions around sushi and create enough sushi to feed 4 people to take home.